Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Convert offline pages to CHM file (Windows Help file)

Okay, I have showed you to how capture web pages with ScrapBook on Firefox [link here], now sit tight and I will show you how to convert offline pages from ScrapBook to CHM file.


First you need to download and install HTML Help Workshop from Microsoft.
Go to this link. Click "Download Htmlhelp.exe" to download HTML Help Workshop. Install it.
By default it should install at C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop or C:\Program Files (x86)\HTML Help Workshop for Windows 7.

Now download ScrapBook CHM Exporter from this link.
Unzip it to a dir that you preferred. And execute it [double click! ;) ]

Not sure about you all, I am seeing error msg, but I still can proceed by clicking the "Continue" button.

Okay, now you need to put the location of the hhc.exe of the HTML Help Workshop into the "HHC" box. For my case I am using Windows 7, so I put the location as:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HTML Help Workshop\hhc.exe

The ScrapBook CHM Exporter will read the location of directory that you store all the offline pages you capture with ScrapBook and list out all the pages that you captures.
Check on the dir or pages that you want to export and then click the "Save" from the "File" option.
Write the name of the chm file that you want [and pick the dir] and click "Save".
Wait for it...... and you got your own Microsoft HTML Help file [a.k.a chm]!


Hope you will enjoy this post, subscribe to my RSS or mailing list or follow me on blogger or twitter. :)
Source: written by me :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2015 Outdated Penang Uncle
..........