Sunday, January 30, 2011

Running Froyo on your laptop

I have posted about running android on netbook or laptop [link] last year July. That time was Android 1.6 only.
Recently I have downloaded Android 2.2 a.k.a Froyo that have been modified to run on x86 a.k.a. any normal netbook/laptop.



Since Pentium 4 laptop not with me at the moment, so I give it a try on Virtual Box.
See picture below, it is Android 2.2.1.

Since the network connection to/from VirtualBox is not working, so I can't try out the web browser or google map or anything that need Internet connection. However when I switch to animated wallpapers, which is very famous for Android phone, I got 50% of my CPU on the laptop used by the the VirtualBox. Hmm... How it gonna run on old system?



I might try it on the old Pentium 4 laptop to see if it works or not, not with VirtualBox, but with LiveCD feature on that ISO. Now I need to figure out how to make a bootable USB drive and make that Pentium 4 boot from it...... That is another story, stay tune. :)

Opps..... The ISO of the Android x86:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/android-x86/files/Release%202.2/
or here
http://www.android-x86.org/download 
Download the generic one if you are not any of the netbook listed there.

p/s: since this ISO made by 3 Chinese guy, this Android x86 support Chinese input :)


Hope you will enjoy this post, subscribe to my RSS or mailing list or follow me on blogger or twitter. :)
Source: http://cwhuang.info/2011/01/gingerbread-x86-is-baked

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2015 Outdated Penang Uncle
..........