Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rare keyboard layout series - 2

Yesterday I wrote about QWERTY and a bit of story. Today let begin the rare keyboard layout.

First one is Dvorak Simplified Keyboard.
You can either read the 19700 lines of Dvorak in wiki page, or just read my blog. :P

The Dvorak Simplified Keyboard is a keyboard layout patented in 1936 by Dr. August Dvorak and Dr. William Dealey.

Dr Dvorak discovered that the QWERTY layout has too many disadvantages (fingers have to travel far far away, single finger typing for too many times, etc), hence slowing down the typing effectiveness using QWERTY. Therefore Dr Dvorak invented the Dvorak keyboard layout.


It supposedly boost the typing speed for xx% to xxx% compare to QWERTY layout. As I wrote above, to read the full story, go to the wiki page. :)

I will discuss why the rare keyboard layout failed at end of the this series.

update: to read the summary of this series, click here!

Hope you will enjoy this post, subscribe to my RSS or mailing list or follow me on blogger or twitter. :)
source: I wrote this and pictures and some sentences from wiki.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2015 Outdated Penang Uncle
..........