Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Downloading Speed

The other day I was downloading the Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO, I could not help to noticed that the downloading speed I got. 9MB/s!

Download speed on Outdated Penang Uncle blogspot dot com

Well, it is not on any Malaysian wired or wireless broadband. I can't tell you now. :P

Anyway Microsoft is all in betting on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, so they will make sure everyone will get a copy of Windows 8. I would think they are setting up a lot of servers to allow more Internet users to download it.

Another snapshot (almost there!):
Download speed on Outdated Penang Uncle blogspot dot com

All wireless broadband service providers in Malaysia will throttle the speed to super slow after maxing out the cap. I heard the Unifi of Telekom Malaysia is offering no cap, for now. Read this "for now". So eventually Unifi contract will have cap as well. The fastest Unifi package for home users is 20Mbps, that translate to 2.5MB/s only, so the downloading speed I showed above is not Unifi as well, hehe.

Lets us vote for a better future.
Malaysian! Please register as voter now!
Go to SPR (Election Commission of Malaysia) offices or post office! Yes, post office!

For those already registered as voter, please check in link below to make sure your details and voting area:
http://daftarj.spr.gov.my/


Like this if you are FB user and you think this post is useful. The button is at top right of content of this post.
+1 this post if you are Google+ users and you think this post is useful.
Hope you will enjoy this post, subscribe to my RSS or mailing list or follow me on blogger or twitter. :)
source: I wrote this rant! I don't know how this post ended up being a bit political. :P

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2015 Outdated Penang Uncle
..........