Saturday, March 10, 2012

Get To Know Your Computer Better

No, it is not a date. You will not go out to movie and restaurant or jogging or hiking with your computer to know your computer better.

All you need is Speccy free version.

What went well?
1. While CPUz only give you the hardware information, Speccy give you even more detail of the hardware
2. While "System Information" on Windows give you the geeky information, Speccy can give you even more. (I really don't give the damn about Conflicts or DMA or IRQs information anyway)
3. It is free.
4. Portable version available from the official website (Portable version from unknown source could be dangerous!)
5. Made by the same company that created CCleaner.
6. Save the result into XML or text file.

I downloaded the portable version (link at end of post) and give it a try. It take a while to grab all the data, probably 1/2 minutes or more.
Speccy on Outdated Penang Uncle blogspot dot com

The summary is quite simple, just showing the type of OS, CPU, RAM, Motherboards, etc. The CPU temperature is being update on the fly.
Speccy on Outdated Penang Uncle blogspot dot com

Click on the items on left column or the blue color link on right column will give you more detail, I mean the really in-depth details.

One thing that catch my attention, is the Uptime and Downtime. The longest Uptime I ever have on my laptop is more than 20days, meaning I never ever reboot the laptop for more than 20 days! That is what I like about Sandy Bridge with Windows 7, I don't need to reboot so often compare to older version of Windows. All I need to do is either put it to sleep or hibernate mode.
Speccy on Outdated Penang Uncle blogspot dot com

Of course you can buy the Home or Business edition, which will cost US$19.95 and US$34.95, but I don't think it is necessary for normal usage since the information from free version is way too much already.

Download installation version:
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard

Download portable version:
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/portable


Like this if you are FB user and you think this post is useful. The button is at top right of content of this post.
+1 this post if you are Google+ users and you think this post is useful.
Hope you will enjoy this post, subscribe to my RSS or mailing list or follow me on blogger or twitter. :)
source: I wrote this!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2015 Outdated Penang Uncle
..........